Seva Bhoj Yojana – www.indiaculture.nic.in [Budget]. The Ministry of Culture, Government of India Introduced Seva Bhoj Yojana for Free food distributed [Enrollment].
|Name of Scheme||Seva Bhoj Yojna|
|Launched By||The Ministry of Culture, Government of India|
Seva Bhoj Yojana Details – www.indiaculture.nic.in
Scholarship Status 2019-20
The Ministry of Culture, Government of India has started a new scheme ‘Seva Bhoj Yojna’ with a total outlay of Rs. 325.00 Crores for Financial Years 2018-19 and 2019-20.
Seva Bhoj Yojana shall be applicable within the Territorial Jurisdiction of India. Under this Scheme Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Central Government’s Share of Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) paid on purchase of specific raw food items by Charitable Religious Institutions for distributing free food to public. This is a Central Sector Scheme for providing reimbursement of CGST and Central Government’s share of IGST paid by religious institutions on purchase of specific raw food items for serving free food to public / devotees.
=> PM Yojana
Activities Under Seva Bhoj Yojna
- Under Seva Bhoj Scheme, charitable/religious institutions (Gurudwara, Temples, Dharmik Ashram, Mosques, Dargah, Church, Math, Monasteries etc.) offered free ‘prasad’ or free food or free ‘langar’ / ‘bhandara’ (community kitchen). Government provide Financial Assistance on First-cum-First Serve basis of registration linked to fund available for the purpose in a Financial Year.
- Financial Assistance in the form of reimbursement will be provided where the institution has already paid GST on Raw Food Items such as – Ghee, Edible Oil, Sugar/ Buura/ Jaggery, Rice, Atta/ Maida/ Rava/ Flour, Pulses, etc. The total amount of CGST and Central Government’s share of IGST that would be reimbursed on purchases in the Financial Year 2019-20.
- A institution covered under the provisions of section 10 (23BBA) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 or registered under the provisions of section 12AA of the Income Tax Act, 1961, for religious and charitable purposes can eligible for Seva Bhoj Yojana.
- Eligible institutions get financial assistance which have been distributing free food, langar and prasad to public for at-least past three years on the day of application. For this purpose, entities shall furnish a self-certificate.
Required Document For Seva Bhoj Yojana Enrollment
- Applications have copy of the valid Registration Certificate as per the provision contained in Para 6 (i)and (ii).
- Submit a copy of Memorandum of Association/Article of Association/Charter of Activities of the organisation.
- You have also submit copies of Audited Accounts for the last three years.
- If you have Copies of Annual Report for last three years, also submit them.
- Also give information of list of Office bearers/Governing Body of the institution.
- Authorized signatory Name who will sign all documents with contact details and E-mail ID.
- Submit Self-certificate indicating that the institution is distributing free food for at-least past three years on the day of application and providing free food to at least 5000 people in a month.
- Also submit Certificate from District Magistrate indicating that the institution is involved in charitable/religious activities and is distributing free food to public/devotees etc.
- Submit PAN/ TAN Number of the institution/ organization.
- You should also give details locations where free food is being distributed by the institution.
- self declaration for Number of persons being served free food by the Institution in previous year.
- Submit Bank Authorization Letter as per prescribed format.
Seva Bhoj Yojana Guidelines